Enroll in a gym membership in Waterloo. Eat better and stick to a nutrition plan. Experience a different workout class. Lose weight.
We’ve all been there. It’s a new beginning, and we create particular resolutions. Then we abandon them in just a few weeks. Why does this take place?
1. Write Down Fitness Goals, Not Resolutions
Resolutions are a strict intention to do or not do a behavior. For this reason, they’re rigid and might be daunting.
Goals are the intention of your drive, a purpose or a wanted effect. They seem less dreadful—and more feasible.
Imagine you approach this year with the attitude of setting reachable goals, as opposed to setting unattainable resolutions? Reexamining your thinking process and being more forgiving to yourself is the first move toward development.
2. Create SMART Fitness Goals
Your goals for 2020 could involve:
- Professional—obtaining a promotion in your career.
- Health—starting a strength training schedule.
- Personal—reading additional books.
Now that you’ve created your goals, how do you keep determined to accomplishing them?
SMART goals empower you to reach targets and acknowledge success along the way.
How Do You Come Up With a SMART Goal?
SMART represents specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-based. They are definite but not overpowering.
Your SMART goals could be:
- Read for 20 minutes before sleeping every night this week.
- Eat veggies at each meal this week.
- Take a walk after supper each day this week.
Setting SMART goals will prevent you from feeling defeated by what you want to do.
3. Share Your Fitness Goals with a Friend
Don’t forget to reveal your goals to someone! Keeping an accountability partner can assist you in keeping on track during the process.
4. Sign Up for a Free Week at FXB Waterloo
Prepared to finally meet your fitness goals this year?
Creating (and meeting) goals is just one piece of the healthy lifestyle we demonstrate at Farrell's Waterloo. Start a free week and discover how we can help you reach your goals.